How to forward Windows event logs to a syslog server (Syslog Watcher)
Windows OS does not have built-in syslog protocol support. It means that Windows can send system log messages to a syslog server using third-party utilities only.
Here is a brief instruction on how to translate Windows event log records to syslog messages and send them to a syslog server, for example, Syslog Watcher.
- Install EventLog Inspector and run EventLog Inspector Manager.
- Make sure the service is running and marked to start automatically.
- Switch to Settings tab ad elect the Syslog group. Set the syslog settings as required by your syslog server. Here is an example:
- Go to the Forwarding group and select option: Forward all system events to syslog server.
- (optional) You can customize the Syslog message template to fit your syslog server better
- Click Apply button
EventLog Inspector will forward all Windows system event records to the syslog server you specified.